The wedding thank you speech provides the couple with an opportunity to thank all of their guests and those who contributed to their special day.
A public thanks can either come from the groom or the bride, but the etiquette remains the same. The following tips and sample wedding speech provide you with a few things to consider.
A few tips
- A lot of speeches are likely to have taken place at your wedding. Thus, thanks speeches should be kept short during a wedding â€” including yours. Generally speaking, a speech that lasts more than three minutes is too long.
- It is a good idea to write down every single name you want to mention when it comes to those who helped you plan your wedding. It is also possible that you will forget someone and their feelings will be hurt if you do so inadvertently. A way to avoid this is to thank everyone who helped without naming names.
- It is easy to get your guests’ attention by opening your speech with a bit of humor.
- The bride or groom may speak on behalf of the couple. Nonetheless, both of you should keep your speeches brief if you each want to make a separate one.
- It is entirely up to you when you give your wedding thank you speech. Some people like to deliver their speeches between the middle and the end of dinner. The majority of attendees will be seated, so those who might leave early will still be there.
- Read your speech out loud several times. While this isn’t necessary to memorize the speech, it will allow you to look at your guests instead of staring at the paper.
A Sample Thank You Speech
Below is a template for writing your own wedding thank you speech based on the example provided.
Thank You Speech Example (Name of the bride) and I want to thank all of our guests for attending our wedding today. The Red Sox-Yankees game is currently in progress, so some may have made a special sacrifice to be here. Family and friends have shown us such love and support, not just today, but over the past few months as well. I can honestly say this wedding would not have been nearly as beautiful or as organized without the help of so many of you. I hope that the support you have shown (Bride name) and I will continue on this special day. It would be appreciated if those of you who have been married for many years would be willing to share their advice when needed as we embark on our new life together. With all of you by our sides, it will be much easier for us to endure the long haul. Thank you all so much for being here today. Enjoy the remainder of the party. I could never express how much this means to us both.
More wedding thank you help…
You can thank your guests by writing a thankyou note on these thank you cards
Getting your guests to know how grateful you are for their support does not require a lot of talking. When writing your wedding thanks, be sincere. The ease of expressing your gratitude will surprise you.